Tuesday, January 06, 2009

smoke & coffee break

i'm packing to go to Zermatt for 7 nights, and am already kaput; so i'm taking a smoke and coffee break. i go tomorrow morning but want to get all my merde in a pile. as my friend Luella always said, "its the dribs and drabs that kill ya" -in my case camera cables, computer & external HD cables etc.

traveling light has never been one of my virtues or in my vocabulary. i have however decided to leave most cameras [i never go outside there anyway- too cold] so what's the point? i am taing a nice Minolta 35mm point and shoot with a zoom which should be good enough; and a few digitals.

i'm also taking all my files from all my cmputers and HDs at home on one, to try and organize some of the files, and possibly find enough fotos for a show i am doing in april. the gig is at night so have the day and some of the night to do this. last time i had jet lag and didnt do any of it; as Liza sang "maybe this time"

[c] 2008 doug duffey