Wednesday, August 20, 2008

more moscow 1991-1992

in front of st. basil's- which i actually got into one day- and took photos, which was NOT allowed at the time. normally all the tourist sites were never open, but one day i lucked out. i saw some people in front of a little ticket kiosk, so got in line and got a ticket. they pointed at my camera and said "nyet nyet" and i said " da... da" but once inside made some 'non flash' shots anyway:

me in my quasi religious pose- inside st. basils- with self the timer on my AE-1

self portrait- sitting on the bridge, with the kremlin behind me [moscow]- during my day of walking around making photos. i wasn't supposed to go alone... but did.

playing piano in a music store in moscow- the piano says "mockba" - russian for moscow. my trusty canon AE-1 is on me. i shot everything with it. great camera! very small and lightweight. i still have/use it.

in an art gallery- in front of the largest of 2 lithographs i bought - and brought home on the plane in their huge hand made wooden frames! those were the days- but i did have to fight every step of the way to get them in the cabin and bring them home! they're 2 of my most prized possessions.

playing piano in the u.s. ambassador's residence- moscow, russia- 1990 or 1991. this must've been taken the day of the show we did there.

outside a monastery in moscow

shooting at the u.s. ambassador's dacha- outside moscow july 1991 [foto: chuck davis]

me and jimmy messa- possibly zagorsk [foto: chuck davis]
[c]2008 doug duffey[c] 2008 doug duffey