Wednesday, January 02, 2008

some shots from the trip

above: a sign for the stax museum in the memphis airport. it says "hip long before hop was added" -AMEN! memphis soul music is still my favorite- Stax and HI records rule!
above: i finally found a use for the cup in my carry on [when the handle is up]- it's a perfect fit for a corky's bar-b-que pork sandwich, which i got & rolled through the memphis airport to the plane.
it was a good thing i had it, because for some odd reason my in flight 'meal' got messed up and i got a bad/bland vegetarian one.

above: schiphol airport, amsterdam, where i sat and smoked and drank coffee for 4 hours... thinking everything was cool- that my flight would be stress free.... and almost missed my connecting flight because the monitor ONLY showed 1 flight to zurich @ 3pm- which happened to be the wrong one!
i was at what i thought was the right gate to board; but, as i handed my boarding pass to the guy, he said "you have a KLM ticket; this is Swiss air" -so i had to literally RUN to the other end of the airport; my flight was for 3:15! i got to the gate i thought he'd said -D6- but he'd said D56- so i had to run another 50 gates- another mile! i thought i'd have a heart attack, and miss the flight... or both. BUT i managed to get to the gate just at the last second, and luckily just made the flight. i'd had to take out my laptop from it's bag 3x- at security checks- and finally just threw it in my carry on!

above: engelberg, switzerland-where we played new years eve- the 1st gig of the tour. the view is from my hotel room.
[c] 2008 doug duffey